Culture Driven Leadership is a
Having an outside perspective can help those in leadership positions reflect on their own skills and behavior, improve their situations and therefore enhance their teams and perform at higher levels to meet goals and objectives for their organizations. Whether the problem is small or large, about the people or the place, I can help executive leaders find ways to manage and build teams, work through problems to find solutions and be ready to make and lead change within your organization.
Testimonials on Executive Coaching
Kate is someone who works to see the big picture, and develops solutions that meet your needs, not inserting the same material into every situation. Kate is a great listener and will work to understand your organization/situation/issue. Kate's questions were particularly helpful to me, as I struggled to adequately define the problem I was trying to solve. Kate has a great sense of humor, is easygoing and fun to work with.
Dr. Jim Hoppe, Vice President & Dean for Campus Life, Emerson College
Kate manages to listen carefully and respond thoughtfully. She is also highly task-driven with uncompromising standards. Kate not only completes her work in a timely and efficient fashion, but she does so with genuine care and concern for the client's needs. She has a gift for sizing up problems and suggesting solutions. Kate is smart, responsive, deliberative, unflappable and trustworthy.
Meredith Harper Bonham, PhD, Managing Director, BeecherHill
We help your team reach their
Many organizational leaders find it difficult to lead and manage all the competing priorities on their own. Having the time, capacity among leadership and space in your schedule can be challenging given the day to day needs of the organization. An outside perspective with deep knowledge about your organization will help you achieve your goals by delivering oversight, coordination and facilitation of structural assessments, program reviews, program launches and strategic planning.
Creating synergy and momentum with a project team, facilitating strategic planning initiatives, assessing organizational structure and conducting program reviews are within your reach. From creating benchmarks and deadlines to hold team members accountable, to creating an environment for success that serves your organization well, I will help you see projects are run smoothly, managed well and implemented to completion.
- Strategic Planning - There comes a time when having a plan for continuous improvement and setting goals for the future is important. Organizations of all sizes need buy-in for strategic planning initiatives as well as thought leaders with the skills and strengths to see the plan through. Creating strategic plans can be daunting when managing the everyday needs of an organization. I possess the experience and the strengths associated with strategic thinking and organizational assessment to assist with this endeavor that will catapult your organization toward its future; and create a plan that has stakeholder buy-in and organizational culture and values at the forefront, while creating an implementation plan that can be sustained for a better tomorrow for you and your organization.
- Program Review - Having an external voice and perspective facilitating a review of programs or departments can be vital to the success of the review process. Together, we will create a plan for the review that meets your needs and goals; work with key members of your team; listen to stakeholder feedback and prepare a report with a current state assessment and recommendations for future growth or transformation to your department or program. Internal quantitative and qualitative data will be collected and utilized in the review process. Reviews can include leadership and talent assessment, organizational structure; and outcomes assessment and benchmarking.
- Program Launch and Implementation - Experienced in developing, growing and implementing initiatives; I can facilitate taking your ideas and innovations and making them a reality! Success can be measured by capacity, especially when it comes to new initiatives. A good program starts with strong planning and strategic thinking. Time will be taken to understand your project and how it fits into your organization’s goals, to create a plan for implementation plan, and collaborative work with key stakeholders will turn your ideas into reality.
Testimonials on Organizational Effectiveness
Kate McCaffrey is superb at change leadership and a stalwart for advancing institutional inclusion. I witnessed this first-hand as she advanced the mission and goals related to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice. Kate is a visionary and has much to offer any organization that wants their practice to achieve even higher echelons of excellence.
Shaya Gregory Poku, Vice President for Equity and Social Justice, Emerson College
Between COVID, virtual meetings, new board members, and a change in leadership, the Finger Lakes Wine Alliance needed to realign its focus and rebuild our internal connections between stakeholders; Kate McCaffrey with Paradigm Twist was crucial in these efforts. By structuring an in-person board retreat that allowed priorities to naturally surface, she helped the organization recognize paths forward in a rejuvenated way. Relationships that were diminished due to limited virtual contact were reestablished and restructured. Kate's approach to listening, considering, and providing feedback or alternative perspectives brings different personalities together in a productive and efficient way. Her continued follow-up and effort to find solutions provides an opportunity to get off the hamster wheel and affect change.
Kyle Anne Pallischeck, Executive Director, Finger Lakes Wine Alliance
Kate's work with our organization has been transformational. We have efficient meetings and clear communication
between our team members. We are now a more cohesive team than we were before we started working with Paradigm
Oskar Bynke, Co-owner, Hermann J. Wiemer/Standing Stone Vineyard
Kate was able to bring a comprehensive approach to Leadership Ontario. With multiple stakeholders involved, Kate provided much needed meeting coordination and communication to streamline the process and avoid duplication. Her integration of learning outcomes for each program day brought growth, leadership development and continuity to the program and its participants. We are beyond thrilled to continue our work with Kate in year two of this leadership program!
Tracey Dello Stritto, Executive Director, Partnership for Ontario Count
Develop your team to reach their
highest potential by building capacity for change readiness.
Enhancing the skill of leaders in making their organizations stronger, better and poised for the future. Change is inevitable and those who don’t embrace change and create the climate for change within their organizations will fail. Being ready for change and having leaders who understand their own attitudes, beliefs and skills in managing change will help initiatives thrive and sustain.
Having leaders who are ready for change is vital to the success of any learning and growing organization. Many times, organizations fail to determine the level of readiness of those implementing the changes and those on the receiving end of those initiatives. Leaders today are called to be ready to lead, manage and create change; crisis is an opportunity to look within, ahead and envision a future beyond the current moment. Training and development catered to your specific needs for your board or organization leadership team could include the following:
- Assist with assessing the readiness level of your leadership and membership
- determining needs for training and education;
- implementing training and education;
- and working to help make your team ready for the changes that will occur in the future.
- Whether in response to a crisis, planned strategic initiatives, or large organizational transformation, I can be a resource, guide and mentor for your organization.
- Your initiatives and projects may be determined..... do you have the leaders with the skills necessary to manage and support those projects and initiatives? Many organizations get stuck in the weeds of the day to day operations of the organization and often have difficulty making initiatives happen or taking projects to the next level. My approach to change readiness assessment and change leadership and management training can deliver results in a timely manner and allow for the innovation and creativity to take shape within your organization.
Through a combination of training, coaching and support; I can help create leaders with the skills needed for managing your organization and set the priorities necessary to be ready to lead and manage change.
Testimonials on Change Readiness
Kate is an excellent listener. She clearly identifies problems and offer solutions to them. She can develop direct execution strategies, while respecting the emotions and issues personnel might have with them. Kate is an exceptional professional: careful with sensitive information and only will share information when appropriately helpful or necessary. She possesses both the strength and stamina required to do difficult work and stay with projects over time. Kate presents as fearless and while you won’t likely see her sweat, she brings deep caring, understanding, and compassion to all with whom she works. Her wherewithal in this regard is notable.
Michael Miller, Consultant and Trainer
Kate’s PhD research on change leadership management provides her with the theoretical and applied foundation needed to read a situation, understand how people work, decode institutions, and get work done. Kate sees the challenges inherent in student affairs work: that burn out is real, that the landscape of higher education is contracting and changing, that institutions need people who are clear-eyed and action oriented. All of this means institutions need someone like her: a problem solver deeply committed to institutional excellence.
Dr. Renée White, Executive Vice President and Provost, The New School
Everything DiSC® Assessments
As a certified facilitator and trainer of the Everything DiSC ® suite of products, I can help your team members understand themselves, their behavior and why they do what they do. Give them the gift of strengthening their team relationships, understanding each other better and performing better for your organization. Assessments can be done individually as part of executive coaching and/or part of a team and leadership development series.
The Everything DiSC® Profile focuses on:
• Discovering your DiSC® style
• Understanding the styles of others
• Building more effective relationships
• Exploring People-Reading and Comparison Reports (optional)
The Everything DiSC® Profile provides participants with valuable insights that unlock engagement and inspire effective collaboration. In a personalized, 20-page profile, participants will explore the priorities that drive their behavior, learn what comes naturally and what might be challenging when interacting with others, and gain actionable strategies to strengthen their interpersonal interactions at all levels in the workplace.
Everything DiSC® is a classroom training and personalized learning experience that can benefit every person in the organization— regardless of title or position—in building more effective relationships at work. This application teaches participants to understand themselves and others while learning to appreciate different priorities, preferences, and values each individual brings to the workplace. With personalized insights and actionable strategies, participants learn how to adapt to the style of others, ultimately improving engagement, collaboration, and the overall quality of the workplace.
Everything DiSC® © by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. All rights reserved
Are You Ready to Twist Your Paradigm?
Sign up here to get your FREE Powerful Executive Paradigm
You will also receive periodic insights in your in box that will provide some short and simple strategies and ideas. All under the premise that small changes (twists) can make a big impact.